Friday, September 28, 2007

Mooncakes

A late post on mooncakes because I didn't have the time to upload the photos to my computer. The festival was on 25 September 2007.

Lao gong bought Shangri La white lotus with double yolks mooncakes for my parents on last Saturday as I love to eat their mooncakes and my mum only told me to buy baked mooncakes and she even reminded me to buy with double egg yolks. Initially she told me to buy mooncakes with four egg yolks but where to buy it and that was loaded with high cholesterol!
It's so sinful to eat mooncakes but the crust by Shangri La is extremely thin and the white lotus is smooth and not so sweet as my parents and I do not have a sweet tooth. Some mooncakes will make my throat feel uncomfortable but not Shangri La.



Someone had given my office a box of Hilton mooncakes on Monday. The box resembled a round moon when it is opened. It's exquisite! And there are two cylinders of tea leaves in the box just in case you feel "jelat" after eating too much mooncakes. My sister did not seem to like Hilton mooncakes as she felt that it was slightly drier than Shangri La. She felt that both mooncakes from Shangri La and Hilton are not sweet enough but white lotus is not meant to be sweet.


One of the mooncake was missing as my colleague took one away before I managed to take a photograph with my hp. Can you see the two round cylinders on top? That is tea. One is Jamine Tea and another is Tie Kuan Yin.

Another company gave Raffles the Plaza but was soon grabbed by greedy colleagues including me before I managed to take a picture.
I'm going to grow fatter and fatter as my hands and mouth just don't listen to my brain and I kept on eating the mooncakes. Yummy!

No comments: