Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wallet found

Yeah! Lao gong's wallet was found by a postman and returned to him.

Why is it by a postman?

The person who found the wallet threw it into the postbox and it was found by a postman when he drove to AMK to collect the letters to be sent to SingPost. I should say that the person who picked up Lao gong's wallet must be a Singaporean as all the important documents are still intact including the ezlink card. Even all the credit cards are intact. The toto ticket is in the wallet as well. Only Singaporeans know that these documents are untouchable as it will trigger off the security alarm if they used it especially the toto ticket.

Although the wallet is clearly shown that it had been scratched by fingernails or something sharp, I'm thankful to the person who placed in the postbox but not threw it away into the dustbin. Probably, the person must be angry that the wallet only contains less than $50 and with so many cards that he can't even use.

I'm greatly thankful to the malay postman who called to Lao gong on Monday based on his namecard in the wallet and helped lao gong to keep the wallet so that Lao gong can collect from him on Wed. He could not collect from him on Tue as he worked late and needed to fetch me home from school at 10pm as he is always worried about me going home late and I greatly appreciate that. By the time I reached home, it's around 11pm. Although I prefer to take a cab, he does not like me to spend money especially on cabs. But he did not know that I took cab almost every morning to work and he doesn't know about this blog of mine. "Zhou Gong", the God of Dreams, always doesn't want to let me go off easily every morning. So it's not really my fault.

Back to topic. Lao gong gave an hong bao to the postman but he didn't want to accept it. Such kind-hearted person is difficult to find nowadays although I'm one of those too...hahaha

If I have picked up a wallet, I will definitely return the whole wallet including money in it. Unless I only find money, I will wait at the same spot for around 15 min and if nobody comes to look for it, I will take it. If it is a huge amount, I will report to the police. The person must be in need of money or else nobody will withdraw or take a large sum around.

In a country (forogotten the country), people can leave their bags and wallets around and nobody will take away. Definitely not in Singapore with the "gahmen" imposing higher taxes and frequent increment of transport cost leading to higher costs of living.

No comments: