Thursday, September 13, 2007

The ache

My body is still aching after kickboxing on Mon as I had no time to do stretching and some warm up. I reached Amore at 7.25pm as the kickboxing class starts at 7.30pm. It was so packed that even all the lockers were taken up including the small lockers. I had to wait for 10 minutes before I saw a lady taking out her barang barang and rushed next to her. During the 10 mins wait, I can't do anything except to see with a hawk's eyes.


The picture is drawn by stickgirl and she is talented in drawing. I love her pictures as her pictures always depict a story behind it.

It has been ages since I had drawn a good picture (excluding scribbling). Let me think...The last I have drawn is in Temasek Poly in my first year and it has been more than 6 years. I truly miss my art lessons in secondary school. My art teacher, Mr Joseph Ng, encouraged me to draw better and Miss Cheryl submitted one of my drawings to a National competition which I won the third prize with $150 cash and a trophy.

The theme was "Movie" and all I can remember is I drew a scene of a movie. $150 was a lot to me during secondary school in Year 1996.The trophy was placed at my secondary school and I couldn't take it back. I didn't even take my drawings which were placed at the notice board (drawings column).

I'm only good at still life where you give me a picture or an object and I will draw it to look like the picture or object. Ever since my mum sent me for art lessons in Pri 1, I started to develop strong predilection of drawing although I was forced to stop my art lessons in Pri 3 due to shifting to Simei. This never stopped me from drawing and I liked to participate in drawing competitions in a bid of winning prizes especially oil pastels in primary school.

I really miss drawing.

No comments: