Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Amore

My Planet Fitness package has expired and I seriously need to exercise. I was considering signing up for Amore or Fitness First. After much consideration, I decided to approach Amore as I was afraid that I'm too lazy to go to AMK and my money will be wasted again. Amore is so much convenient for me as one of the fitness centers is near home and the other is nearer to my workplace.
I met up with one of the sales consultant on last Wed and was recommended three types.

A one year plan costs $120 x 12 with an additional charge of $120 for membership fees. It comes with a free month and that adds up to $1669.20 for 13 months after factoring the GST in. A month will cost $128.40.

A two years plan costs $1320 x 2 years with an additional charge of $35 for membership fees. It comes with a free 1GB MP3 player and 3 additional months, and that adds up to $2862.25 for 27 months after factoring the GST in. A month will cost $106.01.

A three years plan costs $1320 x 3 years with an additional charge of $35 for membership fees. It comes with a free 1GB MP3 player and 8 additional months, and that adds up to $4274.65 for 44 months after factoring the GST in. A month will cost $97.15.

I decided to take up the two years plan which I can pay by installment of 24 months through credit card. I do not wish to commit into the 3 years plan as I will probably be moving out of this estate when married. The sales consultant did the procedures and after more than 10 minutes of waiting, I was told that the plan for two years can only be processed for 12 months installments. So I decided to sign up for three years plan (one year plan is bo-hua) which she said it can be processed for 24 months installment. But she came back to me saying that Citibank can only be used for 12 months installments. I can't afford paying $4274.65/12 which is around $356 per month with my miserable pay.

The supervisor came and tried to convince me to pay a lump sum of $1500 to ease the installment but I'm currently saving up to buy a rolex asap as the discount for rolex is too attractive. Moreover I still owe my own bank account money. I have been dipping into other savings account which I seldom touched as that account is purely for savings. If I take any money out from this savings account, I have the habit to put the money back. I asked the sales consultant whether there was any discount if I were to pay a whole lump sum but there isn't. So no point paying all. I told my sales consultant to let me go home to consider. She tried me into giving more vouchers and waiving off my membership fees. And she managed to psycho me to sign up the two years plan. Used my credit card and was denied as I forgot that I used the card to pay for my school fees that is more than $3300. I called up Citibank to raise my credit limit but was denied as well as I wasn't with them for more than 6 months and her attitude was quite bad.

I paid a deposit of $107 and came back to Amore on last Fri to pay after settling my credit card bills. And forgetful me utilised the card on last Thur and exceeded the credit limit again. I called up to Citibank again and the person was very helpful. I do not want to use other cards as I want to earn more air miles. Citibank PremierMiles card (under Visa Signature) gives 1.2 air miles for every $1 spent and I'm lacking of 6000 krisflyer miles to go to Hong Kong free and a few hundreds mile to be upgraded to Silver. I doubt I will reach PPS.

Signed up with Amore finally and was given the vouchers. The vouchers were pretty useless to me. I thought I can have a $100 voucher which I can use it to buy the hipscarf and gloves for their classes but it is just a 15% discount voucher and other useless vouchers. The good thing is there is a free packet of milk every time I come for a workout. I'm auntie mah. Got free things, I will definitely like it.

The next day (Sat), I went to CardioLatino - a dance workout. I like this because it's fun to learn different dance steps but it is not "siong" enough. After the class, I went for threadmill running.

I went for threadmill running again on Monday and kickboxing yesterday. Kickboxing is "siong" and left me exhausted. At least 30 push-up are in-corporated in kickboxing with some running and abs training. Sibei siong for a person who seldom exercise but I love the workout.
Bellyblitz sounds interesting. In the brochure, it states this: An entrancing signature class with moves inspired from Belly Dance that targets not just the abdomen but all parts of the body. This comes from combining traditional belly dancing moves and infusing it with aerobics techniques. Learn to do hip shimmy with style while toning your upper body with sensuous movements. Mobilize your arms, hips and target your chest area to reveal a confident, new you! Sounds interesting, yah?

School is restarting soon on 25 Sept and there comes my hectic life again. I wonder whether I am able to go Amore at least three times a week to make my money worth when school reopens. I just hope to lose 1 inch in every parts of my body by month end. Just a inch will do.

No comments: