Friday, February 29, 2008

Singapore Airshow 2008

I went on Wednesday (20 Feb 2008) and Friday (22 Feb 2008) to the airshow but didn't manage to shoot many photos because I was at the company's booth helping out and at the same time, chatting with my colleagues and ex-colleagues. Great to see them succeed in their career.

Only two photos taken from the booth




Black knights (Singapore)

Impressive "flaming heart" maneuver

Followed by "Curtains", a downward flight performance

I watched the airshow performance at EDB chalet, thanks to Sir Min's ex-colleague, so that we could have the shade under the hot sun and watched it at a higher level.

However, I only managed to watch the team performance by RSAF for 20 minutes and had to go to the booth to help out or else my other colleague couldn't get to take his lunch.

Quite a lot of people asked for souvenier pins but I only ordered souveniers magnets. When I started to give to a person, a group of people will suddenly crowd to the booth and, sometimes, it will lead to a queue. My colleagues described them as piranhas because a packet of 100 pieces were grabbed within 5 minutes but we controlled not to give out too many at a time.

We have learnt from the mistakes several years ago during Asian Aerospace because during that year, my colleagues (I wasn't working in this company at that period) brought 2000 pieces of pins and put it on the table booth. All were grabbed up within a day as nobody was attending to the pins and they were busy with their clients.

I find that Singapore Airshow, especially the main hall, is slightly smaller than Asian Aerospace but I still love this event.

No comments: