Monday, February 18, 2008

Movie reviews

Lao gong and I went to watch P.S. I love you on last Sat, 16 Feb. It's quite rare for us to watch a movie because of these reasons:

1. Expensive! Each weekend ticket cost $9.50. So a pair of tickets will cost $19. Moreover we like to eat nachos and total cost will come to approximately $25. I rather spend the money on food.

2. I'm studying on some weekdays and Lao gong works late almost every weekdays. If we have to watch a movie after work provided I do not have any lessons or Lao gong do not have to work too late, we will book the 9pm ticket after work and dinner. By the time we reached home, it will be 12 midnight and we have to work the next day. Too tired!

3. I have the tendercy to sleep late on Fri and Sat nights and by the time I wake up, it's already in the afternoon. I prefer lazing at home rather than going out unless I need to buy something.

4. I have school on some Saturdays and ends at 5pm. Trust me...I will sleep in the theatre. No point paying $9.50 for a nap.

5. I prefer my own home to watch shows from tv when I can talk while watching movies. I can even pause when I'm hungry, going to the toilet or picking up hp. And I do not need to endure the kicking of the seat from behind or shaking his chair beside me.

6. Lastly, Lao gong and I are non movie enthusiasts.

7. My mum just said one word to me: Stingy!

It's rare that I watch movies on both consecutive Saturdays. One on 9 Feb and another on 16 Feb. We watched CJ7 on 9 Feb because it's just a tradition for us to watch Stephem Chow's movies. His movies always bring laughter and joy and I prefer a no-brainer lame movie without much thinking. I have to think while working and studying. And if I have to think while watching movie, I don't know how many brain cells of mine will be gone. I'm watching movie to relax and not to kill more of my brain cells.

Back to my movie review. This show casted by Hilary Swank Gerard Butler is exactly the same story as the novel by Cecelia Ahern. Although this movie is nice, the story book is even nicer! I thought I will wring out my tears while watching the movie because I teared when I was reading the book three years plus ago. The show is surprisingly light-hearted in a way as there are some scenes where it brings laughter rather than portraying a grief-drenched movie. Overall, I would give it 3.5/5.


As for CJ7, it's not very lame as compared to Stephen Chow's previous movies and the plot is simple with some sad scenes especially the scenes when Stephen died. When the scene showed that fat "girl" talking, it never failed to make me laugh. Those who watched it will know the reason.


I would give it 3.5/5. I prefer the previous lame movies by him and make the movies heavily amusing so that I can have a good laugh from the beginning to the end.

No comments: