Friday, September 29, 2006

Do you dislike anyone?

A psychologist once asked a group of college students to jot down, in thirty seconds, the initials of the people they disliked.

Some of the students taking the test could think of only one person.

Others listed as many as fourteen.

The interesting fact that came out of this bit of research was this: Those who disliked the largest number were themselves the most widely disliked.

When we find ourselves continually disliking others, we ought to bring ourselves up short and ask ourselves the question: "What is wrong with me."

###
Often I find that most humans tend to dislike one another. Why can't they just live in harmony and make it into a gracious environment for us to live together happily?
I know that I myself is not a saint as I dislike 2 people. But why must people provoke me to dislike them?
Why can't humans just love and help one another? Isn't it great with love filling in the air?
Nowadays in most schools, they do not teach about building up good character. It's all about MARKS! It's such a pity that we, living in a democratic society, are becoming numb to the people around us.

No comments: