Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Jobs that I have worked before

Thinking back, I have worked for so many jobs before.

I have worked as:

1. Tuition teacher

2. Account Executive

3. Visual Artist

4. Waitress

5. Machinist (To grind metal)

6. Sales (in fashion and beauty)

7. Autocad designer

8. Graphic Designer

9. Barista at Starbucks

10. Plastic bag packer

11. Bank teller

12. Secretary

13. Showgirl cum Salesgirl (more of a salesgirl)

14. Give out pamphlets

15. Marketing Executive

All these jobs range from Year 1996 to now and includes my part-time and full-time jobs.

I have a deep impression when I was working as a machinist in Year 2003 during our poly school holidays. Ling and I went for the interview and we lied we had 'O' level certificate and wanted to look for a full-time job. We managed to get the job but we were separated by different jobscopes.

Ling's job was super easy. She only needed to measure the height of the metal that we had grinded. Luckily, we were not in the department where they needed to smoothen the edge with a sand paper because I heard some young people complain about their aching shoulders and quitted within a few days.

I was surprised that I was able to endure for two months during my school holidays. I remembered the coolant make my fingers developed some itchy blisters as I was allergic to it. The rubber gloves were useless as it teared easily and the inventory of the gloves were being controlled. And a tiny dust could cause uneveness in the measurement. If the height of the metal was too thick, we had to redo again. If it was too thin, we would be penalised by the manager because the metal plates had to be thrown away.

Luckily the guys were willing to teach me to operate the big machine and even gave their share that they made to me when I couldn't meet my target. The guys treated my friend, Ling, and I well. Some of the guys working there were wooing Ling and an auntie even wanted to recommend her son to Ling. As a friend of hers, I got the benefits as well. One of the ex-colleague gave Ling a Sentosa ticket for New Year Countdown and she even asked him to buy another ticket for me too...haha.

However some aunties seemed to be complaining about us most of the time. Well, we did not bother too much. The money was good! We earned about 2K per month and I could have the money to pay for my poly school fees.

Currently, I'm working as Marketing Executive and I have been working for 3 years 4 months. When I have gotten my expensive 'toilet paper' next year, I believe I will change to another different company. My pay sucks!

No comments: